0

wisdom

on miercuri, iulie 25, 2012


Love is a funny thing. You expect it to be easy. You expect it to be a world of roses and laughs and perfect moments that you find only in movies. You expect him to always say the right thing and always know exactly how you feel or how to react to it. You expect him to calm you down when you’re yelling or to chase you when you run away. You expect so much that you feel entirely and utterly defeated when something doesn’t exactly match up with all your plans. But that’s the thing, love isn’t a plan. It doesn’t have a certain beginning and it certainly has no end or a visible finish line to those deeply in it. Love happens and it’s so incredibly messy.

So let’s say that theoretically I really like you, and theoretically even though it sounds moronically cliché and overused, you give me butterflies. And just for kicks, lets add that all in theory of course you may be one of the most wonderful people I have ever met, and hypothetically my heart beats ten times faster when I see you. Do you think that you would supposedly and in the most theoretical sense feel the same way?

People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake.

I ask myself why, and in that same breath as I watch you, I get my answer. It’s everything about you; that teasing smile, that warm scent. It’s the curve of your arms, the tousle of your hair, the deepness of your voice that I can, and do, get lost in. It’s just everything about you. But more than that, it’s everything about me. It’s everything about the way you make me laugh, cry, smile, and hurt. It’s everything about the way you make me feel. And that’s everything that I cannot, and would not, want to let go of.

A healthy relationship keeps the doors and windows open. Plenty of air is circulating and no one feels trapped. Relationships thrive in this environment. Keep your doors and windows open. If this person is meant to be in your life, all the open doors and windows in the world won’t make them leave.

Copyright © 2009 Blowers Daughter All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Blogger Templates.